19 December 2017, 9:15 AM – 6:00 PM
The fifth generation (5G) cellular technology has very different technology requirements compared to 3G and 4G cellular technology.
- 5G is expected to support 1000x higher mobile data volume and at least 10x end-user data rate.
- It is required to support a wide range of bandwidths.
- It is expected to provide extreme low latency in order to support tactile Internet.
- The number of connected devices is predicted to increase by a factor of 10-100x, thereby bringing in a need to support thousand of devices per access point.
- It is desired to support asynchronous and random network access requirement of the low power M2M devices
- Most importantly, an End-to-End Architecture that allows for a cost- and time-efficient introduction of 5G is needed.
The goal of this workshop is to provide a forum where diverse group of researchers can share the latest research insights, present key and novel results on 5G mobile communication technology enablers, including novel system architecture, and wireless techniques, explore different applications areas, and identify new challenges and opportunities.
List of Topics of interest to be included, but are not limited to:
- Novel waveforms for 5G (non-orthogonal and orthogonal)
- New Air interface techniques for 5G
- Flexible RAN architectures and Cloud-RAN
- Low Complexity Massive MIMO systems
- Relaying and range extension techniques
- Interference Mitigation and Interference Management techniques
- Dynamic Spectrum Access and Management
- Efficient techniques for out-of-band radiation reduction
- New coding solutions for small resource blocks
- Advances in synchronization, channel estimation & equalization for multicarrier and wideband single-carrier waveforms
- Software Defined Networks for 5G
- NFV in 5G Networks
- Cognitive Radio in 5G Networks
- Millimetre wave Communication
- Millimetre wave backhaul and access systems
- D2D and M2M Communication
- 5G and advanced wireless technology
- Future mobile wireless technology
Program Schedule (19 December, 2017)
|09:15 AM – 09:30 AM||Inauguration and Introduction to the workshop|
|09:30 AM – 10:20 AM||Title: 4G and Beyond
Prof. Debabrata Das, Professor and Hewlett Packard Chair, IIIT Bangalore
|10:20 AM – 10:50 AM||Tea Break|
|10:50 AM – 11:40 AM||Title: Overview of 5G and Future Wireless Communication Era (2020-2050)
Dr. Navin Kumar, Asso. Prof., Amrita University
|11:40 AM – 12:40 PM||Title: Beam Selection in mmWave multi-user MIMO Channels
Dr. K. V. Srinivas, Asso. Prof, IIT Varanasi
|12:40 PM – 01:30 PM||Lunch|
|01:30 PM – 02:20 PM||Title: Passive Optical Network Architectures for 5G RAN
Dr. Jayashree Ratnam, Asso. Prof., SoA University
|02:20 PM – 02:35 PM||Title: IEEE 5G Initiative
Munir Mohammed, IEEE India Office
|02:35 PM – 03:15 PM||Title: 5G: New Opportunity and Business Challenges
Mr. Samir Satapathy, Ericson
|03:15 PM – 04:30 PM||Panel Discussion:
Different use cases for 5G in India and Necessary Steps inDevelopment
Dr. Arpita T (Moderator – Amrita Univ.), Mr. Niraj N (Nokia), Mr. Kishore AT (UTL Tech),
Dr. Jayashree R (SoA Univ), Mr. Samir S (Ericson)
|04:30 PM – 04:45 PM||Tea Break|
|04:45 PM – 06:00 PM||Paper presentation (5):
In order: 1570401899, 1570400640, 1570400388, 1570399216, 1570399263
Navin Kumar, Amirta School of Engineering, Amrita University, Bangalore -INDIA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Arpita Thakre, Amrita School of Engineering, Amrita University, Bangalore – INDIA (email@example.com)
Ashutosh Dutta, A T & T New Jersey- USA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Queries on special session related issues can be sent to